Saturday, September 6, 2008

Symbolic Meaning of Frogs

I've been wondering for a while what gave me the idea to make mosaic frogs. I don't like frogs particularly. But I just found a site about the symbolic meanings of frogs and the description is perfect for where I am right now in my life. This is what the Symbolic Meanings site says the frog represents:
  • Creativity
  • Fertility
  • Luck
  • Cleansing
  • Intuition
  • Transformation

Due to the fascinating transitions the Frog goes through in its life, it is a symbol of metamorphosis. Furthermore, the Frog’s dual time spent on land and water represents duality of the soul. The Frog also symbolizes creativity and forward thinking.

Frog Animal Totems Facilitate:

  • Patience in undergoing life transitions, clarity of thought during transition
  • Embracing of personal transformation, welcoming internal morphing
  • Jump into creative thought, and leap out of habitual thinking patterns
  • Acceptance of our diversity and celebration of our opposite poles found in personality and lifestyle
I am really hoping these frogs are giving me patience through my life transitions and personal transformation.

1 comment:

Stacy Alexander said...

Excellent entry, my friend.

Here's to transformation!

*clink*