Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Vintage Christmas book, illustrated by George Hinke.

"Jolly Old Santa Claus" - my favorite illustrated book! As a child it totally filled my mind with the colors and visions that I still associate with Christmas and Santa Claus to this day. The story is simple: Santa at home in the North Pole prepares for Christmas Eve and then recuperates the day afterward. The colors and warmth and sense of place in these illustrations is beyond compare!   Illustrations by George Hinke. Published by Ideals Publishing Co., Milwaukee 1, Wisc. Copyright 1958. Edited and prepared by Van B. Hooper. Written by "Sparkie". I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.











2 comments:

mike said...

My mom bought this issue when I was 2 (Im 63 now). So many happy memories looking at the original 'til it was in tatters. Will look for a copy for grandchildren.
Thx for posting
Mike

Maria said...

This was a favorite for me and my siblings, too. We would look at the pictures and pick which elf we were. The last picture was our favorite because they were having a pillow fight.