Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Buggy Garden - Mosaic Mural

Okay she's finished! The previous posts have described this piece and my process. This is a mosaic commissioned by Nancy at Hug A Bug Preschool in El Cerrito, California to commemorate her 30th year in business. We held a mosaic workshop in her home where 15 parents each made a "bug" to be incorporated into this mosaic mural. 
The final size is 6' x 3'. Begun 11/17/12. Finished 12/13/12. 
This piece is meant to depict a surreal garden. I let my imagination go while I worked on the "flowers".
 Here are the "bugs" flying around this garden:
When I first arrived on site 4 days ago I took this "before" picture:
And here is the "after" picture:
 This is my name tile in the corner. Can't forget that!
Here she is again:

The Buggy Garden
6 ft x 3 ft
12/13/12
©Kim Larson




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love the dimensionality in this work. At least that is what I perceive. Is it a combination of tile and glass? I love the "community" aspect of it.

Anonymous said...



Wow - I love the dimensionality in this work. At least that is what I perceive. Is it a combination of tile and glass? I love the "community" aspect of it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for dupe Kim - just getting signed onto be able to post.